- Cosmetics CC Cream Illumination (in Light) - everyone I have turned onto this loves it- it's a tinted moisturizer with great coverage and physical SPF protection that covers 90% of your skin problems in one swipe.
- Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara in Black Brown- curls and lifts your lashes without an eyelash curler for a more wide awake look. It does not smudge, and it is cheap!
- NuFace Microcurrent Device- this at-home device really lifts your sagging jowls if you use it regularly. You can see a difference the first time!
- Cure Natural Aqua Gel- the most incredible, gentle exfoliator that I get on Amazon. I heard a bottle sells every 12 seconds in Japan, and for good reason!
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lipstick Lipstick in Kim KW -the second I put this on my lips, I was like, YASSSSS! Kim KW is slightly less pink and more nude.
What are your beauty resolutions?
This year I'm really trying to get my melasma under control. The discoloration on my cheekbones and forehead started during my third pregnancy, and has been difficult to fade! I have seen great improvement lately using a Vitamin C serum in the morning (I like Drunk Elephant C Firma) and rescription hydroquinone and retinoid at night.
What is your one secret weapon?
Masking! I always do a sheet mask or some kind of mask before an event to make my skin look radiant and poreless. Clarins V-Facial Intensive Wrap- a mask that depuffs your face and sharpens your jawline after overindulging in food and drink! Probably my favorite mask of all time.
Your favorite splurge?
Speaking of sheet masks, the one from SK-II is my Holy Grail. And the La Prairie Ice Crystal Cream is so hydrating and plumping, yet does not break me out. It is hard for me to justify buying another jar when I have so many creams in my beauty stash to try, but I have really been missing that one!
How did your company/blog get started?
I founded BeautyNow, an app for booking beauty appointments, in 2013, and started my beauty blog at the same time to attract users and create good marketing content. After certain BeautyNow assets were acquired by Groupon in 2016, I started blogging full-time.
Anything we need to look out for in the future?
I plan to start devoting more time to YouTube and live feeds on InstaStories @kathleenjenningsbeauty. Once my baby starts "school" this fall, I hope I have more time!
Who is Kathleen Jennings?
I am a busy mom, a former attorney, and a total beauty nerd. Honest, unpaid-for reviews of beauty products and services are my jam! My blog and my Instagram feed are not at all aspirational - I'm frequently without makeup (zits and all!), or in a sheet mask! My vibe is real and approachable, so I hope readers can trust my product recommendations.
I always trust Kathleen on all of her fabulous suggestions, so I was truly self- serving when I asked her to Guest Edit Style File! Just go to her site and see this beautiful and smart face and you will do anything she tells you to do just to get her skin! Her honesty, wit and authenticity make for sound and sage suggestions in a world where advertising and marketing are abundant, misleading & confusing. She is the gorgeous guinea pig who all should follow and trust!